AARP Credit Card
AARP, the short and popular form for American Association of Retired Persons. The AARP Credit Card is the ultimate card to use when out in an eatery, a restaurant or a gas station. It involves 3 percent cash back on these purchases with no added charges or annual fee. You should as well think about other special offers if you would love a card with amazing bonuses or one that could be full of rewards. This card also comes with a basic offer of 100 dollars cash return when you spend over 500 dollars during the first three months of the card account opening on both balance transfers and purchases for the first 12 months.
The Benefits of AARP Credit Card
- New card owners are qualified to receive a bonus of 10,000 points.
- Drive to end hunger – this card has a charity component joined to it. It donates 0.10 dollars for each purchase you make at a restaurant with this card in order to support the drive to end hunger foundation.
- 100 dollars bonus cash return after you spend over 500 dollars in the first three months of the card account opening.
- 3 percent cash back on purchases you make at the gas station.
- 1 percent cash return on every other type of purchases you make.
- 3 percent cash back on purchases at eateries and restaurants.
- You are under purchase and transaction protection.
- Long term guarantee protection.
- You get a card replacement of your card is ever stolen or lost.
- You are notified of suspicious activities on your account.
- With the rewards you earn, you can redeem travel flights, hotel bookings, car rentals, and cruises.
AARP Credit Card Rates, Charges and Fees
- No annual fee.
- Annual percentage rate on purchases – 16.49 percent but there is no annual percentage rate for the first 12 months of card account opening.
- Foreign transaction fee – 3 percent.
- No penalty charge.
- Late payment fee – 35 dollars.
- Balance transfer fee – 3 percent or 5 dollars of the amount of the balance transferred.
- Regular balance transfer annual percentage rate – 17.99 percent to 23.74 percent.
- Regular cash advance – 26.74 percent.
- Cash advance fee – 5 percent or 10 dollars.
How to Apply For AARP Credit Card
Below are the simple steps to apply for this ultimate credit card;
- Open your web browser and visit the application page of AARP card, go to https://www.aarpcreditcard.com.
- This will direct you to the main page, click on “Apply Now”.
- You will be prompted to fill a form with your personal details which include; your first name, last name, address, the city, zip code and other details.
- Fill in your AARP membership number.
- After all, these, click on the “Next” button to proceed with the application.
How to Activate AARP Credit Card
For you to activate your new card, go to www.chase.com and on the login page, click on “New Chase online”. This will direct you to another page where you will gain access to your card account debit or credit card using your social security number. You can now create a password and a user ID, and after that tap “Next”. You are set to go!
And if you ever want to log into your card account, go to the login page on www.chase.com, enter your user ID and your password and click on “Log in to your account”. You are set to make use of your account anytime and anywhere!