HSBC Cash Rewards MasterCard
HSBC is an abbreviation for Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. The HSBC Cash Rewards MasterCard is a very useful cash return credit card and it is worth considering. The 10 percent anniversary rewards place this card above other cards put in the 1.5 percent cash back category. The MasterCard comes together with award points, opportunities, and other benefits and can be received for products and services.
HSBC Cash Rewards MasterCard Benefits
- Purchase protection. Your purchases made with the card for over 1,000 dollars are covered against theft or accidental incidents.
- Long-term warranty. This doubles the warranty on the purchases made with the credit card which lasts up to an additional year.
- Anniversary bonus. In every year, you get a bonus of 10 percent of the rewards you earned in the past years. And this increases your rewards to 1.65 percent on every item you buy.
- No foreign transaction fee. This credit card travels abroad; you pay no foreign transaction fee on the purchases you make outside the country.
- Price protection of the items you buy
- Receive 150 dollars bonus after you spend 2,500 dollars in the first three months of the card account opening.
HSBC Cash Rewards MasterCard Rates, Charges and Fees
- No annual fee
- No annual percentage rate for 15 months, then a 14.99 percent, 18.99 percent or 24.99 percent variable annual percentage rate
- Unlimited 1.5 percent cash awards on every purchase
- Balance transfer fee – 10 dollars or 4 percent of the amount you transferred.
How to Apply For HSBC Cash Rewards MasterCard
Before you can apply for this card, you need to meet the requirements. Below are the requirements to apply for this card;
- Complete application form for this credit card.
- Your address proof, which may include your utility bill or credit card statement and so on
- Your identity proof, which may include your user ID, Voter’s ID, and so on
- Photocopy of front and back of the credit card and latest credit card statement for the employee of other credit card owners
- Proof of salary, which may include salary slip or certificate.
Now here’s how to apply;
- Open your web browser and visit the website of HSBC, then click on “Personal Banking” at the top of the page.
- Click on credit cards. Here you will see all the credit cards offered by HSBC.
- Click on “Apply Now” below any of the cards you wish to apply for.
- A form will be given to you, enter your details into the appropriate sections.
- Click on “Submit”.
Note: once all this is done, you will receive a phone call from one of their representatives to guide on some processes. The representative will also visit you to collect some needed documents.
How to Activate the HSBC Credit Card
On your web browser, go to https://www.us.hsbc.com/activatenow/ and click on “Get Started”. Fill in the form given to you and click on “Activate” and follow every other instruction given to you.