IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard
The IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard is a credit card issued out to customers by the Capital One Bank. This card is one that contains a low-interest rate, no annual fee and a 0 percent annual percentage rate on balance transfers and purchases you make for the 15 months of the card account opening, then after that, you will be charged at a 3 percent rate for each transfer. Getting hold of this card requires an amazing credit line of over 500 dollars-7,500 dollars.
IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard Benefits
As the name implies, this Advantage Mastercard is accompanied by so many benefits, which the card owners are entitled to, let us quickly look at these benefits that lies in wait for you.
- Card owners enjoy the benefit of low-interest rate.
- It offers discounts to card-owners.
- The IAFF Rate Advantage Mastercard provides card owners with hardship grants.
- There are no annual fees attached to the card.
- Card owners are entitled to a 0 percent annual percentage rate for the first 15 months of the balance transfers and purchases you make. And after that 12.9 percent – 23.15 percent after that, you are charged a 3 percent fee for every transfer made to your account.
- Other benefits such as Price and purchase protection.
- Theft and loss resolution services.
IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard Rates, Fees and Charges
- Annual fee – none.
- Annual percentage rate for purchases – 0 percent for the first 15 months, and after that, the annual percentage rate will be 13.15 percent, 19.15 percent, or 23.15 percent.
- Cash advance fee – 4 percent or 10 dollars, whichever is greater.
- Penalty annual percentage rate when needed – 27.24 percent.
- Annual percentage rate for cash advances – 26.24 percent.
- Transfer – 3 percent.
- Foreign transaction fee – none.
- Annual percentage rate for transfers – 0 percent for the first 15 months and after that, 13.15 percent, 19.15 percent, or 23.15 percent.
- Returned payment fee – 25.
- Paying interest – 25 days from the close of each billing cycle.
- Late payment fee – about 38 dollars.
How to Apply for IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard
For you to apply for the IAFF Rate Advantage Mastercard and gain approval for the collection of the card, there are certain eligibility criteria you have to follow.
- The credit card is open and available only for current union members, retired union members, a participating union member, relatives of a participating union member, as well as the members of working America, who live in the United States.
- The intending applicant is to provide their union number and union name.
How to Apply
- To get started with the application of this card, you have to visit the application page.
- Once the page is open, you will find the card, click on “Apply Now”.
- On the next page, you will be given an application form, enter every necessary detail such as your first name, middle name, last name, email address.
- Your mailing address and residential address.
- Your relationship status.
- Phone number, social security number, work phone number, date of birth.
- Citizenship details.
- Your employment status, a source of income and monthly income.
- Other necessary details.
- Click on “continue application”.
Simply dial 1-800-522-4000 to apply.
How to Check the IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard Application Status
If you have applied for the credit card, you can check if your application has been approved by dialing 1-877-277-0948
IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard Activation
Once your card has been mailed to you, it has to be activated before use. To activate your new card, call 1-800-522-4000
How to Login to IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard
To log into your card online account, here’s what to do;
- Visit the Capital One sign-in page.
- Once the page is open, type in your username and password.
- Then click on “Sign in”.
How to Recover Your IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard
- Visit the “Log in” page of the Capital One website.
- Click on “Forgot username and password?”
- On the next page displayed to you, fill in your account number, card security code (the last 3 digits at the back of your card), the expiry date.
- 4 digits of your social security number.
- Click on “find me”.
How to Make A Bill Payments Using the IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard
For you to make payments using your card, follow the steps below.
- You have to create a payment account that will be linked to your credit card or make the payment online.
- Sign in to your credit card account and make your payment from there.
Report Lost or Stolen Card
To report your lost or stolen card, simply dial 1-800-522-4000
IAFF Rate Advantage MasterCard Customer Service Number
To get in contact with a customer care representative, call at 1-800-522-4000.